Lead With Your Heart
Misunderstood and judged because of his color, size and breed, Lance is a pit bull on a mission to find his forever home. Everything about the world of humans is puzzling to him, from the plastic machine that roars and sucks at the floor to the strange contraptions called shoes that people wear on their feet. But Lance is determined to do his best, and is making lots of friends, until he meets Mrs. Krutch. Frightened of dogs because of an experience she had as a child, Mrs. Krutch would like to see pit bulls banned from the town. It will take a lot of hard work, persistence and an act of courage by Reny to persuade Mrs. Krutch to change her mind, but Lance’s new family and friends are up to the task.
Every child who has ever been misunderstood will enjoy this heartwarming tale of how kindness trumps fear and people working together can make a difference.
We are proud to announce that Lead With Your Heart is being featured by PACER! For every book sold, CritterKin will donate $1 to PACERs National Bullying Prevention Center. Order from their book club today: www.pacer.org/bullying/
Praise for Lead With Your Heart
“CritterKin was really the most enjoyable experience I have ever had in my 17 years as an educator. I wouldn’t change what we did, and I’d do it all over in a heartbeat!” – Erin Preder, Library Media Center Director, John R. Tibbott Elementary School, Bolingbrook, Illinois
“The kids loved Lead with Your Heart. I’m hoping that we can set up a Skype date soon- we miss hanging out with our CritterKin family! ” - Nada Noujaim, 2nd grade teacher, CT
“Such an awesome morning! Still smiling-Lots of great learning and creativity taking place! Love how Students are 100% engaged! So much fun..reading Lead With Your Heart, writing, and drawing! Learning at its BEST!” – Monica Evon, Third grade teacher, Bellevue Elementary School, NE
“Thanks a million for the visit. The kids are still talking about it, and a few parents emailed to say thanks!! The kids were so happy.” – Erin Klein, Scholastic Top Teacher. MACUL 2014 Teacher of the year. Ed Tech Blogger, NWP Member, SMART Exemplary Educator, and ASCD Emerging Leader.
“Can’t thank you enough for what you are doing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” – Christina Luce, Second grade teacher, Nate Perry Elementary School
Invite Ms. Jenaia (Jena Ball) to Spend Time with Your Children.
A one-hour visit includes an interactive reading, discussion and creative activity designed to help children express how they feel about bullying.
To schedule a visit and get prices, contact Jena at: JenaBall@CritterKin.com or call: (919) 454-9917
How To Order Lead With Your Heart
Print copies of Lead With Your Heart can be obtained from:
To purchase a digital copy of “Lead With Your Heart,” (ebook) click on any of the bookseller links below:
NOTE: In order to read a digital e-book you will need either a tablet (Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.) or free software provided by the retailer that you download onto your computer.
Retailers – Click on the links below to be taken to individual retailer sites
Blogs About CritterKin and Lead With Your Heart
1. Ann Feldman, Technology Coordinator Bellevue School District, Nebraska: http://technologytools4teaching.blogspot.com/2014/08/google-hangouts-ipads-awesome-teachers.html
3. NE Loves Public Schools: http://nelovesps.org/kindness-quilting-come-together-for-bellevue-school-sarpy-museum/
4. Angela Moses: https://staartechers.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/teach-from-the-heart/
5. Jennifer Houlette (Fourth grade teacher, Iowa): “KIndness Matters” - http://engageinspirelead.blogspot.com/2014/07/kindness-matters.html
6. Erin Preder (Library Media Center Director, John R. Tibbott Elementary, Illinois): “Librarian in the Outfield: Part I” - http://critterkin.com/2014/06/librarian-in-the-outfield-part-i/
7. Erin Preder (Library Media Center Director, John R. Tibbott Elementary, Bollingbrook, IL): http://critterkin.com/2014/06/librarian-in-the-outfield-part-ii/